East Coast Hospice announces Alison Lanchester as new director
- Credit: Archant
A charity has announced a new senior member of staff to help raise funds.
East Coast Hospice has hired a new director of income generation Alison Lanchester, a former chief executive of the Big C cancer charity.
She joined the charity this month and will be working to ensure the charity raises enough income to commence building the new hospice in 2019.
She said: 'I am delighted to join East Coast Hospice at this exciting stage of their journey and I look forward to working hard with the team to ensure we are able to start building as soon as possible.'
She also spent 10 years leading the income generation and marketing team at St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
The charity hopes to build a new hospice called Margaret Chadd House at a site near Gorleston and aims to offer people in Great Yarmouth and Waveney end of life care.
The 10 bed facility would also offer day-care and complementary therapies.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs