East Coast College to showcase its achievements at Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft campuses
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The newest college on the east coast will be showcasing its accomplishments at two events.
East Coast College was launched in April after the merger of Great Yarmouth College and Lowestoft College.
It operates out of both campuses in the towns and is launching a new curriculum in September.
The showcase events are at the Lowestoft campus on Thursday, June 15 between 5pm and 7pm and at the Yarmouth campus on Saturday, June 24 from 10am and 2pm.
A college spokesman said: 'The events are open to everyone, business partners, past, present and future students and friends and families.
You may also want to watch:
'Come and see the impressive facilities and amazing work being produced by our local talent.'
As part of the launch the college held a levy payers lunch, in which local employers agreed to work with the college to appoint apprentices.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
The college also held four VIP events.
The VIP events were very well attended attracting over 100 local business leaders, influencers and stakeholders including MPs, local government officials, major employers and other educational leaders. They heard from the CEO Stuart Rimmer about the college's vision and ambitions for the future.
He said: 'This is a really exciting time to be part of something new. The college prides itself on its ability to better equip students for university or an apprenticeship and ultimately successful professions: through the development of soft skills, character and attitude, combined with top quality technical and professional training and links to employers and university, ECC really is focused on turning 'your passion into your profession'.
By studying or training with ECC you can be reassured that you are most likely to gain employment and develop a successful career.'