Lowestoft mum helps fellow slimmers lose 126 stone
A mum from Lowestoft has helped members of her slimming group lose a combined total of 126 stone.
Jodie Barrett, 34, from London Street, Lowestoft, spent over a decade being unhappy with her own weight.
'I'd always believed it was in my genes and that I was big boned,' said Ms Barrett, 'I truly thought I'd never be able to lose weight.'
After ditching 'fad diets' and joining a Slimming World group in 2014 Ms Barrett went on to successfully lose three stone and has kept the weight off.
In July of this year Ms Barrett became a Slimming World consultant herself, taking over a group in Kirkley. Since she took over the group, just over four months ago, her members have lost 126 Stone all together.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Barrett is also now re-launching an evening Slimming World group at Grove Primary School in Carlton Colville.
She said: 'Supporting the members at Kirkley to lose weight has been so rewarding and I am very proud of them all.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
'I am really excited to become the consultant at Grove Primary, to help even more people to achieve their weight loss dreams.
'I know it's scary but there is always such a warm, friendly welcome at Slimming World.'
Ms Barretts Grove Primary group will meet Mondays at 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
Do you have a Slimming World success story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org