Lowestoft mum helps fellow slimmers lose 126 stone
A mum from Lowestoft has helped members of her slimming group lose a combined total of 126 stone.
Jodie Barrett, 34, from London Street, Lowestoft, spent over a decade being unhappy with her own weight.
'I'd always believed it was in my genes and that I was big boned,' said Ms Barrett, 'I truly thought I'd never be able to lose weight.'
After ditching 'fad diets' and joining a Slimming World group in 2014 Ms Barrett went on to successfully lose three stone and has kept the weight off.
In July of this year Ms Barrett became a Slimming World consultant herself, taking over a group in Kirkley. Since she took over the group, just over four months ago, her members have lost 126 Stone all together.
Ms Barrett is also now re-launching an evening Slimming World group at Grove Primary School in Carlton Colville.
She said: 'Supporting the members at Kirkley to lose weight has been so rewarding and I am very proud of them all.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
'I am really excited to become the consultant at Grove Primary, to help even more people to achieve their weight loss dreams.
'I know it's scary but there is always such a warm, friendly welcome at Slimming World.'
Ms Barretts Grove Primary group will meet Mondays at 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
Do you have a Slimming World success story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org