Family run business to celebrate 250 years on the high street
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk family business is set to celebrate its 250th anniversary with a year of fundraising.
To mark its major milestone, CT Baker Group, which owns Bakers and Larners, CT Baker Builders' Merchants and Budgens of Holt and Aylsham, is planning a bumper year of fundraising.
Tina Burdett, EACH west Norfolk regional fundraiser, said: "We're proud and honoured to be chosen as the beneficiary of their celebratory fundraising pledge.
"I've already heard there will be a range of special 250th anniversary products including a specialist gin, teddy bear, jute bag and more!"
The group hope to raise £25,000 for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
You may also want to watch:
Jane Gurney-Read, acting managing director of CT Baker Group, said: "To reach our 250-year anniversary of trading in and being a part of the community in Norfolk is a remarkable achievement, and we wanted to do something to mark it that would make a positive difference."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase