Dussindale Primary School choir to perform at the 02 this evening
- Credit: Archant
A school choir will be singing alongside a handful of stars for a special concert at the 02 Arena – and pupils at Dussindale Primary School, in Thorpe St Andrew, have been practising since October ready for the event.
It takes place tonight and will see the 30-strong choir joined on stage by 2014 X-Factor winner Ben Haenow, R&B singer Lemar and Katie Melua.
The event is being organised by Young Voices, which encourages young children to get into singing.
Music teacher Sarah Spears said: 'We started rehearsing in October and they have done amazingly well. They have always been great singers, but having this to look forward to has really lifted their singing.'
The choir will perform 15 songs, including a Madness medley, with 8,000 other pupils from across the UK. The concert marks the 20th anniversary of Young Voices.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity