Ducks to take over Beccles for this weekend’s race
ORGANISERS are putting the final touches to this weekend's quacky 2011 Beccles Duck Race.
Spectators at the Quay will have the opportunity to see thousands of rubber duckies swim their way to the finish line while showing-off their fancy dress outfits.
Angus Buchanan, from Barsham, has already decorated his duck into a combat duck. The 11-year-old said: 'I've spent about four hours making it into a combat duck. I'm looking forward to the race. It's just about taking part that counts really.'
Last year the proceeds of the event, which is organised by Beccles Sea Cadets, helped youth organisations and schools in the Beccles area.
Co-organiser Loraine Loffstadt said: 'It's a family fun day that people should get involved in to help raise money for local youth.'
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place on this Sunday with the races starting between 2pm and 2.30pm. There are two heats and a final race for the little ducks. Prizes will be �100 for first place, �50 for second and �25 for third.
The Corporate Ducks will be judged before the racing starts for 'best dressed duck'.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
There will be various displays on the day and entertainment supplied by Chevron Disco, who will also be on a boat during the race with a swimming commentary.
• For more information visit www.becclesduckrace.org
• If you have dressed-up a duck already why not upload a photo or video of it below? You can also do this on the Beccles Duck Race website.