Drivers caught racing at twice the speed limit on Chapelfield Road in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Two drivers have been reported after being caught by roads policing officers racing at twice the speed limit through Chapelfield Road in Norwich.
At around 9pm last night, Sgt Chris Harris of the Norfolk and Suffolks roads policing unit said he 'stopped two cars racing each other, 60mph in a 30mph limit.'
He had been on patrol targeting the fatal four road offences, which include
-Inappropriate or excessive speed
-Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
You may also want to watch:
-Not wearing a seat belt
-Driver distractions including using mobile devices such as phones, 'sat navs' and tablets.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Both drivers in Norwich were reported for excess speed.