Driver taken to hospital and two flee scene of crash on A1065 in Barton Mills
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A driver hurt in a serious crash which saw two people run away from the scene was taken to hospital for treatment overnight, police have said.
Police blocked off a section of the A1065 in Barton Mills in both directions after two cars crashed shortly after 11pm yesterday.
A force spokeswoman said they were called to the scene close to Mildenhall in West Suffolk at around 11.10pm.
The driver of one of the cars was trapped and firefighters from Brandon, Mildenhall and Newmarket were sent to the scene to help free the person.
They were later taken to hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations are ongoing as officers believe two people ran away from the scene when police approached.
'We have been called to a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A1065,' she said.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
'We have reports that someone is injured and trapped in the vehicle.
'The road has been closed in both directions.
'We also have reports that two people have left the scene of the collision. We have got to the scene and they have made off.'
Witnesses to the crash or anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD number 485.