Driver taken to hospital and two flee scene of crash on A1065 in Barton Mills
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A driver hurt in a serious crash which saw two people run away from the scene was taken to hospital for treatment overnight, police have said.
Police blocked off a section of the A1065 in Barton Mills in both directions after two cars crashed shortly after 11pm yesterday.
A force spokeswoman said they were called to the scene close to Mildenhall in West Suffolk at around 11.10pm.
The driver of one of the cars was trapped and firefighters from Brandon, Mildenhall and Newmarket were sent to the scene to help free the person.
They were later taken to hospital but their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Investigations are ongoing as officers believe two people ran away from the scene when police approached.
'We have been called to a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the A1065,' she said.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 9 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
'We have reports that someone is injured and trapped in the vehicle.
'The road has been closed in both directions.
'We also have reports that two people have left the scene of the collision. We have got to the scene and they have made off.'
Witnesses to the crash or anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101 quoting CAD number 485.