Driver seriously injured in three car crash at crossroads
- Credit: Approved for Archent Grp. (Not for Re-Sale)
The driver of a Jaguar suffered serious injuries after a crash involving three cars at a crossroads on a busy rural road in South Norfolk.
Emergency sevices were called at 6.45pm on Thursday (April 25) to the accident on the B1527 between Tasbugh and Hempnall.
The crash at the crossroads with The Street at Fritton involved a Jaguar car, an Audi vehicle and a Renault Twingo.
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Carrow and Earlham were called to the scene and used specialist hydraulic rescue equipment for release one casualty.
The driver of the Jaguar suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital. Two further casualties were treated by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
The B1527 road, which is a busy route that runs through nearby Hempnall and all the way through South Norfolk towards Bungay, was closed while rescue services dealt with the crash. It was re-opened to traffic by police at 9.30pm.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park