Driver of vehicle involved in head on collision with lorry taken to hospital with life threatening injuries
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a vehicle that was involved in a head on collision with a lorry on the A1101 near Wisbech has been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.
Norfolk police said they received a call to attend the scene of a collision on the A1101 at 1.24am.
A police spokesperson said: 'The RTC involved a grey Ford Focus that collided head on with a lorry close to Wisbech.
'The driver of the vehicle has been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries and the family has been made aware.
'The road has been closed while the serious collision investigations team are on the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, two vehicles and a lorry were involved in a collision on the A10 outside Watlington.
The police spokesperson said the drivers were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
'The collision involved an Opel Astra, Volkswagen Bora and a lorry.
'The road has been closed while the vehicles are being recovered and officers are still on the scene.'
Police said diversions have been put in place on the A10/A134 and School Road/Field Barn Lane.
'Anyone witnesses to both collisions should please call police on 101,' said the spokesperson.