Driver of vehicle involved in head on collision with lorry taken to hospital with life threatening injuries
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a vehicle that was involved in a head on collision with a lorry on the A1101 near Wisbech has been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.
Norfolk police said they received a call to attend the scene of a collision on the A1101 at 1.24am.
A police spokesperson said: 'The RTC involved a grey Ford Focus that collided head on with a lorry close to Wisbech.
'The driver of the vehicle has been taken to hospital with life threatening injuries and the family has been made aware.
'The road has been closed while the serious collision investigations team are on the scene.'
In a separate incident, two vehicles and a lorry were involved in a collision on the A10 outside Watlington.
The police spokesperson said the drivers were taken to hospital with minor injuries.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
'The collision involved an Opel Astra, Volkswagen Bora and a lorry.
'The road has been closed while the vehicles are being recovered and officers are still on the scene.'
Police said diversions have been put in place on the A10/A134 and School Road/Field Barn Lane.
'Anyone witnesses to both collisions should please call police on 101,' said the spokesperson.