Man escapes from submerged car after getting caught in flood water
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape yesterday after getting into difficulty in Shotesham Ford.
Police were called to shortly after 1pm after receiving reports of a car submerged in the water.
The driver escaped without harm but police have warned that it could have been a very different story.
South Norfolk Police tweeted: 'Fords often have hidden sharp drops which cannot be seen under this amount of water along with currents and other unknown dangers! Do not risk it!'
Water levels at the Ford have risen six inches in the last few hours to two foot in depth, and are expected to rise further following storm Eleanor which is sweeping across the county.
You may also want to watch:
The ford which often floods is currently closed due to the high water levels and is expected to remain closed for some days until water levels fall.
Police are asking drivers to take alternative routes and follow road closures.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old