Driver arrested after man dies in collision in Wisbech
- Credit: Supplied
A man in his 40s was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash this morning.
Police and ambulances were called at about 10.20am today to Wisteria Road after reports of a collision involving a gold Rover car and a male pedestrian.
Medics were on the scene of the accident within two minutes. But the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said: 'Sadly the pedestrian, a man in his 40s, died at the scene.
'The driver of the vehicle, a 51-year-old man from Wisbech, has been arrested following the collision and remains at the Police Investigation Centre in Kings Lynn.'
You may also want to watch:
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: 'We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
'Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this time.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
Anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the collision is asked to call the road policing unit on 101.