New drive-through Costa could be coming to Sprowston
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new drive-through coffee shop in Sprowston could result in an existing car park being reduced in size.
The Royal London UK Real Estate Fund is seeking permission to build a new Costa Coffee at Sprowston Retail Park, off Salhouse Road.
But due to the shop's proposed location within the car park, the number of existing spaces could be reduced from 760 to 740.
The 1,800 sq ft coffee shop would be located opposite a terrace of units currently occupied by various furniture and homeware firms, as well as a KFC.
Plans submitted to Broadland District Council claim the proposals will provide an "additional complementary facility, adding to the attractiveness of the retail park".
You may also want to watch:
The plans state that in order to reduce the impact on parking spaces, the drive-through lane will be located in a "large band" of existing soft landscaping.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack