Drink driver who crashed into Welborne ditch given 16 month ban
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A drink driver who crashed his car into a ditch at Welborne, in Norfolk, has been given a £550 fine and 16 month driving ban.
Alexandru Apetrii, 28, from Harrow, Middlesex, was breathalysed after he was found with another man at the crash scene in the early hours of August 17, Norwich Magistrates were told.
Lesla Small said he was found to have 51 mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35.
She said he had shown remorse and told police he wanted to pay for what he had done.
Gavin Cowe, for Apetrii said he had been on a night out but stopped drinking earlier in the evening and felt he was fit to drive.
You may also want to watch:
'He was on a road unfamiliar to him, it was dark. He simply lost control of the vehicle.'
Apetrii was also ordered to pay costs of £85 and a £55 victim surcharge.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county