Drink driver doing 100mph, cars seized for no insurance and A47 gridlock. Just another week on Norfolk’s roads.
- Credit: Archant
Traffic cops were stunned when they pulled over this Audi doing 100mph on the A47 - and found the driver was three times the drink drive limit.
Officers arrested the man after he failed a roadside breath test, when they stopped him on the A47 on Sunday, May 7. He later blew 100 and 101 – almost three times the limit of 35mg per 100ml breath.
The speed limit on the stretch concerned is 50mph. The Audi estate was clocked at more than 100mph, officers said on social media.
During the week, members of the road casualty reduction team were carrying out checks up and down the county's roads. A number of vehicles were seized after they were found being driven by unlicensed or uninsured drivers. Can you guess how many they seized last month?
Lastly, it was Black Friday on the A47 around Norwich after a bin lorry caught fire.
You may also want to watch:
First firefighters had to put it out. Then they had to clear spilled hydraulic fluid from the highway.
Tailbacks of more than five miles built up, leaving many struck in gridlock for more than two hours. Let's hope next week's quieter.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms