Drink driver arrested in third crash in a day on A47 near Honingham
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
There has been a third crash in a day on a stretch of the A47. One person has been arrested for drink driving.
A car overturned near to the Sandy Lane junction at Hockering just before 1pm today.
The police, fire and ambulance service were called to the scene where a man was treated for minor injuries.
Police also arrested a person on suspicion of drink driving.
Earlier in the day two crashes had caused severe delays on the road.
Emergency services were called just before 8am to the first crash involving two vans and four cars.
The East of England Ambulance Service treated one patient at the scene for minor neck injuries.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
The road was partially blocked and traffic was queuing at the Wood Lane junction. There was also congestion to the Hall Drive junction and to the Fox Lane junction.
A second crash, between four vehicles, took place in the westbound carriageway at 9.40am.
Emergency services are on the scene and one man is being treated for head injuries.
There are reports of queues of two and a half miles, heading into Norwich with congestion as far as North Tuddenham and to the Blind Lane junction.
The road is partially blocked in both directions and police are on scene to direct traffic.
Konect Bus Service 8 will be diverting via Mattishall and there will be delays to the service this morning.
There was also been an accident on the A146 at Thurton this morning. Police were called to the scene at 9.30am after a crash involving two cars and a van. No-one was injured and the southbound lane was partially blocked.
•You can keep up to date with the region's latest travel news via our live travel map.