Broads Authority warns of dredging work on River Bure
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Boaters using a section of the River Bure have been asked to proceed with caution for the remainder of the month due to dredging work.
The Broads Authority issued a notice saying that 'rake/agitation dredging work' would be carried out by a contractor on behalf of the authority in the Lower Bure until March 29.
'The work will be carried out at variable times, on the ebb tides between high slack water and low slack water during daylight hours,' the authority said in a notice.
'The start location is at Bure Mouth to Vauxhall Bridge, then during this time period they will be working upstream to Great Yarmouth Yacht Station.
'The vessel carrying out the work will have a slow speed and restricted manoeuvrability.
You may also want to watch:
'The vessel will display the appropriate day shapes and up and downstream signage will warn of the work ahead.
'Navigators are requested to take extra care when passing.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen