Dream comes true for man who buys Great Yarmouth hotel for £925,000
- Credit: Archant
A hotel near Great Yarmouth's seafront has been sold, nearly two years after it was put up for sale.
The three-star Victoria Hotel on Kings Road has been brought by Mr Kashif Jan from Dagenham in Essex.
Mr Jan said he is looking forward to continuing the business and thanked hotel and leisure agents Fleurets who sold the hotel, for 'making his dream come true'.
The property was sold for a guide price of £925,000.
The hotel's previous owner John Hemsley, decided to put the building up for sale in December 2014 after he decided at the age of 70 that it was time to sell up.
You may also want to watch:
He and his wife May have continued to run the hotel until this year and now officially hand the reins of the hotel over to Mr Jan.
Bob Whittle of Fleurets said: 'This delightful business is established and family run and our clients extended the business in 2011 by increasing the number of rooms from 30 to 45. Accommodation now includes 45 en-suite letting bedrooms, 2 dining rooms furnished for 80 covers, a licensed lounge bar and car parking to the front and side of the property.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
'There is also a passenger lift and the property also benefits from having an outdoor swimming pool, garden terrace and patio. The owner's private accommodation is exceptionally large comprising 4 bedrooms, two with en-suite bathroom facilities, living room, shower room and a garage.'