Drainage works in Loddon could see road closed for five nights
One of the main roads running through Loddon will be closed for up to five nights to allow drainage works to take place.
Work will start in Bridge Street on Monday, June 26, with the road closed between 6.30pm and 7am.
The work is being carried out in response to surface water flooding issues in the area and will see a drainage system installed.
It will take up to five nights, subject to weather conditions.
The road will be closed to all through traffic overnight from Monday to Friday, and will be re-opened every day to allow normal traffic movement.
You may also want to watch:
A fully signed diversion via C203 George Lane, A146 Loddon Bypass and C554 Norwich Road will be in place. Access for businesses and residents within the site will be maintained from one end of the closure at all times, although there will be some disruption.
The work will cost £8,000 and will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and their contractors.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 10 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
A spokesman said: 'The county council thanks people for their patience while this drainage improvement work is carried out.'