Doctor to give advice on coping with diabetes in older age
- Credit: Archant
A doctor is to give people advice on how to cope with diabetes in older age during an information event at a care home.
Dr John Flather, from the Ipswich and East Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group, will be sharing important information about the condition at the Living Well With Diabates in Later Life event at Hartismere Place care home in Eye, near Diss.
He will also be giving the latest advice and tips on living well with - and preventing - type-two diabetes.
After the event on Thursday, November 21 between 2pm and 4pm, there will be a question and answer session, while visitors will also have the opportunity to take a closer look around the Care UK home.
Matthew Calver, home manager at Hartismere Place, said: 'Here at Hartismere Place, we strongly believe professional knowledge, insight and shared experiences can make a real difference to the everyday lives of carers.
You may also want to watch:
'Type-two diabetes is common in older people, so learning how this can be prevented and managed is something that those caring for a loved one can benefit from.
'We are looking forward to welcoming people to Hartismere Place for what promises to be another interesting and inspiring afternoon of information and guidance.'
MORE: Young generation helps old as scout group creates striking new wall art for Eye care homeHartismere Place, in Castleton Way, Eye, provides full-time residential, nursing and dementia care, as well as short-term respite care.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Designed to enable residents to live enjoyable and fulfilling lives, the care home even has its very own cinema and hairdressers.
There is also a purpose-built day centre for the local community next to the care home.
For more information on Hartismere Place, or to book your free place at the diabates event, call senior customer relations manager Angela Hodge on 01379 888 144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org