Downham Tandoori celebrate opening of new look restaurant
- Credit: Chris Biele
The Downham Tandoori restaurant marked 21 years of business in the town with a new extension and extensive refurbishment.
Staff and customers joined South West Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss to officially open the new look restaurant on Friday, September 15.
The family-run business, in High Street, has attracted praise from far afield and now has extra dining facilities and re-modelled bar, with the flexibility to host private events in the new layout of the restaurant.
The restaurant has attracted special guests in the past, including former prime minister John Major.
Ms Truss said: 'The Downham Tandoori already has a huge following of regular diners and is incredibly popular in this part of Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'It is great to see the investment going into the restaurant - the refurbishment and extension look really impressive.
'The extensive menu always attracts praise and I look forward to popping down there for my John Major curry.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital