Can you spot yourself in previous Downham Market Water Festivals?
- Credit: IAN BURT
A quiet Norfolk town is transformed into a buzz of activity every year when the annual water festival takes place.
With the 13th annual Downham Market Water Festival set to take place this weekend, we are taking a look back at previous events.
Thousands of people gather to watch and take part in the festival, can you spot yourself in any of the photographs from previous years?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
Based on Chinese tradition, enthusiastic racers gear up to entertain the crowds by rowing down a 200m course on the Great Ouse relief channel in their dragon boats, in the hope of winning a trophy.
The event draws people to the market town from across the country, bringing people from Yorkshire and the West Midlands.
In its 13th year, the popular event will return again this month.
Thousands are expected to flock to the free festival on Sunday, August 11 on the Hythe Bridge.