Norfolk club’s appreciation for ‘generous support’
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk town club thanks couple for supporting their group.
A Lions Club has thanked a couple for their support.
The Downham Market Lions Club, which has been running for 42 years held its annual general meeting at the Conservative Club in Downham Market.
The club's president, Chris Moreton gave the Conservative Club steward, Mark McDowell and his partner Wendy a certificate of appreciation for their generous support for the past year.
John Fox, vice president at the Lions Club said: "We really want to show our appreciation for Mark and Wendy. They always go the extra mile to make sure we are well accommodated at the Conservative Club and have facilities available to us."
You may also want to watch:
The club has donated around £3,500 to good causes in the last year.
Mr Fox said: "We work to help people in whatever way we can. We have supported causes such as the Royal British Legion, East Anglia's Children's Hospices and the Hope for Heather campaign."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C