Downham Market gets set for Olympic Jubilee festival
Downham's Olympic Jubilee is the theme of this year's Downham Market Festival, which will run from Sunday, June 3 - Sunday, June 10.
The highlight of the week will be a Carnival Parade through the streets of the town on Bank Holiday Monday, June 4.
The parade is free to enter and there will be trophies for the best float for groups, walking float, decorated bicycles, decorated mobility scooters, classic cars and vintage tractors.
This year's Downham Market Festival will be the 38th that the town has staged. Hundreds attended last year's event, which had a wild west theme.
Many lined the streets for the parade, which traditionally winds up the hill from Heygate's Mill by the Relief Channel, across the town centre to the Howdale.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the main carnival day on June 4, Downham is also expected to see live music, dancing and a host of arts events in and around the town.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year