Cat charity’s advice on keeping pets cool during UK’s heatwave
- Credit: Archant
The UK's leading feline charity has offered advice on keeping pets cool during the hot weather.
Norfolk's heatwave could pose all kinds of problems and we are being asked to be mindful of our pets.
With temperatures reaching 35C in Downham Market, the Downham Market Cats Protection adoption centre has provided advice on how to keep cats cool during the period of hot weather.
The charity asks that you provide plenty of shaded areas for your pet and place fans around the house to keep the air circulating.
The centre also offers tips that will encourage your feline friend to stay hydrated.
You may also want to watch:
Stacey Ely, Deputy manager at the Downham Market centre, said: "We would advice keeping cats indoors during the hottest part of the day, ensuring they have access to multiple water bowls,
"We would also suggest keeping curtains and blinds shut to help keep your home cool."
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer