Downham Market businessman expands frame shop
- Credit: Ian Burt
A west Norfolk businessman has welcomed success after moving his premises further down a main street.
Simon Prior, who owns Framin' Art in Downham Market, moved his business into the former C and J Electrical store on the High Street.
This meant his third move along the same street and more space to host a series of popular classes including superhero comic book workshops for children and watercolour groups.
In what the 48-year-old called a 'double shuffle', his wife Mandy moved into his former premises in order to run her business 'Laina Craft and Wool Shop'.
Mr Prior said: 'I wanted a bigger premises and so did she. Where I am now it means we have got more shop space and we have got a classroom which is twice the size of what it was previously. Now we can have a dozen adults in there quite comfortably.'
And it's a family affair because his sister-in-law Viv John also owns a business on the High Street called Sweet Temptations.
'We are trying not to completely take over the High Street,' Mr Prior said.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
'It's nice to invest in the town.'
He said as well as picture framing, he sells art and craft materials and limited edition fine art prints by artists including Sam Toft and Jake Winkle.
Mr Prior added: 'We both wanted to get settled in before the Christmas rush, that is for sure. For picture framing that starts in October. Some come in September ready for Christmas.'
To find out more about Framin' Art go to www.framinart.co.uk
Have you got a story about your business? Email email@example.com