Doughnut fans queue for TEN hours as Norwich Krispy Kreme store opens
- Credit: Archant
Krispy Kreme's first Norwich store opened on Friday morning and some eager doughnut fans queued since midnight to get their hands on the sweet treats.
By 8am there were already queues of people outside the store in intu Chapelfield with some people even bringing their own camping chairs and garden furniture.
George and Charlie, both 17, were the first people in the queue and joined at midnight hoping to get their hands on a Gold Card which entitles the holder to free doughnuts every month.
The pair said: 'We have had lots of coffee to keep us going through the night but it is easy when you have got all your mates to talk to.
'They are doughnuts, what is not to like? And they are so good as there are so many different flavours you can get.'
You may also want to watch:
Other people joined the queue at 3am ahead of the store opening at 10am.
There was a Gold Card for the first person in the queue, goody bags for the first dozen people as well as lots of activities and spot prizes throughout the day.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
The store will offer the company's signature glazed doughnut alongside 15 other varieties including Strawberries & Kreme and Chocolate Dreamcake.