Doughnut fans queue for TEN hours as Norwich Krispy Kreme store opens
- Credit: Archant
Krispy Kreme's first Norwich store opened on Friday morning and some eager doughnut fans queued since midnight to get their hands on the sweet treats.
By 8am there were already queues of people outside the store in intu Chapelfield with some people even bringing their own camping chairs and garden furniture.
George and Charlie, both 17, were the first people in the queue and joined at midnight hoping to get their hands on a Gold Card which entitles the holder to free doughnuts every month.
The pair said: 'We have had lots of coffee to keep us going through the night but it is easy when you have got all your mates to talk to.
'They are doughnuts, what is not to like? And they are so good as there are so many different flavours you can get.'
Other people joined the queue at 3am ahead of the store opening at 10am.
There was a Gold Card for the first person in the queue, goody bags for the first dozen people as well as lots of activities and spot prizes throughout the day.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
The store will offer the company's signature glazed doughnut alongside 15 other varieties including Strawberries & Kreme and Chocolate Dreamcake.