Donations from academy and business will help foodbanks through busy festive period
- Credit: Flagship Group
Academy students have been helping to make Christmas better for less fortunate families in their town.
Thetford Academy has been collecting donations to give to the town's foodbank ahead of the busy festive period.
Thanks to pupils' generosity, the school has collected enough food to fill more than 40 hampers, which will be delivered to households in need in the Thetford area.
They have donated additional food to the Norwich Foodbank.
The effort, which involved all the academy's year groups, was coordinated by assistant principal David Towler.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The response from students and parents has been amazing and they have all done something wonderful for many families who are in need across Norfolk at this special time of year.'
Thetford Foodbank also received further donations from Flagship Group. Staff at the social housing provider also donated boxes of food for foodbanks in Norwich and Dereham.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
Every team in the company filled and decorated a box, with donations being made to the three foodbanks through December.
In total 19 boxes will go to help people in need over Christmas.
Hannah Worsley, project manager at the Norwich Foodbank, said: 'To have the support of an organisation such as Flagship is brilliant, as they see and support clients every day and can really appreciate the difficulties and struggles people can have and are supporting them in another very practical way through these donations.'