Donation boost ahead of annual charity cycle ride for Louise Hamilton Centre in Gorleston on Sunday
- Credit: Tesco
A new rural route is set to boost turnout at an annual charity bike ride on Sunday.
Riders taking part in a sponsored cycle ride for the Louise Hamilton Centre can tackle one of three routes of ten, 25, or 50 miles.
This year participants will meet at Haddiscoe Village Hall at 8.30am before heading off into the countryside.
The event is being supported by Tesco Extra Great Yarmouth which will be supplying water and energy bars.
The supermarket has also donated raffle prizes to help the palliative care centre in the grounds of Gorleston's James Paget Hospital to raise the £200,000 it needs to keep going every year.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Cook from the Great Yarmouth Extra store said: 'The team at the Louise Hamilton Centre are continuously fundraising to ensure they can provide this amazing service and we are delighted to be supporting the centre in this way.'
Appeal co-ordinator Maxine Taylor said: 'The centre is dedicated to providing a support network to patients, families and/or carers, whose lives have been affected by a life-limiting or pro-longed illness.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
'In order to do this we rely heavily on the help of the community and we are extremely grateful to Tesco for supporting us in this way.'
So far some 50 people have signed up for the bike ride with more expected to do so on the day.
The event is now in its third year and families are welcome to take part.
For further information on the event and for route maps visit the centre's Facebook page by clicking here.