Don’t tell em, Pike! Dad’s Army comes to Dereham
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
It's been a TV classic for the last 40 years and now Dereham Theatre Company will be bringing Mainwaring, Jones, Pike and co to the Memorial Hall.
Their stage adaptation of Dad's Army features three classic episodes of David Croft and Jimmy Perry's beloved comedy following the misadventures of Walmington-on-Sea's Home Guard.
Donning the uniform will be Tony Wilds as Captain Mainwaring, Colin Harris as Corporal Jones and Declan Matwij as Private Pike (stupid boy!).
It also features a dynamic set, musical accompaniment and authentic costumes in its limited four-performance run at Dereham's Memorial Hall from March 9 to 11, (7.30pm nightly, 2.30pm Saturday matinee).
Tickets, costing £12, are available online at www.derehamtheatre.co.uk or from The Little Gallery in Norwich Street, 01362 690969.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.dosoc.co.uk.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47