Don’t miss out: Less than 48 hours left to grab community grants of up to £5000
- Credit: Andy Newman
Community groups which help improve the lives of people living in north Norfolk could receive a cash windfall.
Victory Housing Community Fund is inviting local bodies to bid for a share of £17,500 in the latest round of grants which will be announced at the beginning of May.
It has given away £368,385 to 134 organisations since it was set up in 2008.
'This is a great opportunity for the community groups which make such a difference around the north of Norfolk to get their hands on money to support what they do,' said Victory Housing Trust chief executive John Archibald.
'We would urge groups to come forward and apply – the process is quite straightforward and user-friendly, and is designed for organisations operating at community level.'
You may also want to watch:
Applications for grants can be made by any organisation or group established for charitable purposes, provided there is a formal structure which allows for monitoring of activity and feedback – official charitable status is not necessary. The Fund is looking for applications from voluntary and community groups in the north of Norfolk whose primary aim is to improve the quality of people's lives.
Full details of how to apply for grants from the Victory Housing Community Fund can be found at www.norfolkfoundation.com/funds/victory-housing-trust-community-fund. The closing date for receiving grant applications is 5pm on Monday, April 3.
The money will be allocated by a panel made up of Victory Housing Trust residents, as well as staff from Norfolk Community Foundation, which administers the Fund on behalf of Victory.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?