Don’t forget to have your say on the key document which is shaping Breckland’s future
- Credit: Ian Burt
Breckland Council has reminded residents of the deadline to have their views heard on the draft of a Local Plan for the area.
The last opportunity to comment is Monday, October 2, when the pre-submission period ends.
The Local Plan is a key strategic document that will shape growth in the district until 2036.
The plan will be submitted to an inspector after the pre-submission period is over, and after residents, businesses and local organisations have given their views on whether proposals will meet the housing, employment and infrastructure needs of the area.
Responses to the proposals will be collated and reviewed before the documents are submitted to the planning inspectorate in November. Plans will then be assessed by an independent inspector, and a public hearing will be held early in 2018. If the plan is accepted, it is expected to be adopted next summer.
Councillor Gordon Bambridge, Breckland council executive member for growth, said: 'We need new housing and jobs to ensure that Breckland continues to grow and prosper.
'Having the new Local Plan in place will give the council more control over where that growth happens and reduce the likelihood of ad-hoc development.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
'As we enter the final stages I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to contribute their views and local knowledge as the plan has developed over the past four years.
'We have used this feedback to shape the document as far as possible to meet your needs and aspirations.'
The pre-submission period for the local plan began on Monday, August 21, and will close at 4pm on Monday, October 2.
The draft local plan can be viewed online and there are copies available at venues throughout the district, including at the council's main offices in Thetford and Dereham, customer service centres, and local libraries in the market towns.
Comments can be submitted to the council's website, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Pre-submission comment' in the subject line, or by post to: Planning Policy Team, Breckland Council, Elizabeth House, Dereham NR19 1EE.
Comments by email or post must be submitted using the Representations Form which can be downloaded from the website, or requested by calling 01362 656870.