‘Doggy Disneyland’ to get tails wagging at Norfolk Showground
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A four-legged festival of furry family fun for fidos is to flourish at the Norfolk Showground this bank holiday weekend.
Preparations are well under way for All About Dogs, East Anglia's biggest outdoor dog show, which promises unforgettable event for pooches, pups and people alike.
The event will see all sorts of activities for families to enjoy with their pets.
Entertainment for hounds includes K9 Aqua, a diving board and swimming pool for dogs, sports such as flyball and hurdles, and steeplechase, scurry and temptation alley competitions.
All dogs taken along will also be able to compete for various titles, including waggiest tail and 'dog that looks most like its owner', along with traditional best in show awards.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Upson, event organiser, said: 'The event is all about having fun with your dog – it really is going to be like Disneyland for dogs.
'It's a family event,so there will be all kinds of things for children to enjoy, as well as chances to speak to experts and learn more about dogs.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
The showground will also welcome celebrities from the canine world, including Britain's Got Talent stars Ashleigh and Pudsey, and Chase – the hero of Paw Patrol, who Mr Upson says will be 'as popular as ever'.
The doggy celebs will meet and greet dog-lovers in the event's brand new Village Green, where there will also be live music and dance performances.
It will also be the first year visitors will be able to camp, giving an added festival feel to the show.
Mr Upson added: 'The best thing about being an event organiser is seeing smiling faces which I'm sure we will see this weekend.
'Other years everybody has been happy as soon as they arrive – even the dogs smile.'
The event takes place tomorrow and Monday from 10am to 5pm. Visit www.allaboutdogshow.co.uk for more information.