Dog injured after it was caught on barbed wire snare at Bell Lane Field in Belton
- Credit: Archant
A dog was injured after it got caught on a barbed wire snare near a children's play area.
Lesley Chalmers was walking her dog at the Bell Lane Field in Belton when it got its ear caught on the razor-sharp metal protruding from the bushes on Thursday evening.
The wire appeared to have been shaped into a snare and was near the children's play area.
Ms Chalmers said: 'Two lovely people came to help that I would like to thank a man who ran home and came back with bolt cutters and a lady who stayed in the bushes and calmed my dog while I kept my other ones away.
'The barbed wire went right through my dogs ear and came out the other side she was very distressed and badly hurt by it.'