Scared and confused dog dumped outside Norfolk animal sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
A small dog was dumped outside a Norfolk animal sanctuary.
Staff at Hillside at Frettenham, near Norwich, said the dog - who they have called Peanut - was found at the entrance to the rescue kennels on Friday.
A spokesman said: "We found the poor little dog left bewildered and alone. She was understandably very scared and confused and in desperate need of a wash and clean up.
"As she has problems with her eye, and has clearly been used for breeding in the past, we took her straight to our vet, who advised she may have elbow displasia in her two front legs."
Peanut has been booked in for an X-ray and will be cared for at Hillside.
You may also want to watch:
The Hillside spokesman said: "We hope, in time, we can find her a family home where she can enjoy being loved and cared for."
Anyone who wants to help the costs of Peanut's care can ring 01603 736200.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success