Ducks and dogs put on brilliant show at Countryside Arena
- Credit: Archant
Crowds went quackers for the Dog and Duck Show at the Royal Norfolk Show's Countryside Arena.
Stuart Barnes kept the audience on the edge of their seats as they witnessed Border Collies expertly herd a flock of ducks into a series of complex pens.
'What people don't understand about collies is that they're the smartest breed of dog,' Mr Barnes explained. 'So when people say collies have attacked their livestock, it's not because they're bad dogs, it's because they have heightened instincts.'
Children and adults alike giggled as the gaggle of Indian Runner ducks sprinted comically around the arena, stopping to be bathed by Mr Barnes with a spray bottle in hand.
'It's too hot for them,' he explained. 'I need to keep bathing them else they'll overheat, they can smell water so they'll gravitate towards it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barnes and his three dogs will be performing a series of shows across the programme. at 11am and 1pm.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash