Documentary video about the Aylsham Care Trust charity premiered to mark its 31st anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A documentary video about the ground-breaking Aylsham Care Trust charity has been unveiled to mark its 31st anniversary and the impact it's had.
The charity, which has delivered the first community-led integrated health and social care scheme of its kind in the UK, has been praised by North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb.
He said: 'I think this scheme is inspiring, it points to what is needed in the future. The NHS is clearly under impossible pressure; it is unsustainable as it works at the moment and they have shown in Aylsham how collaboration between volunteers, the local community, GPs, social services and other parts of the NHS, can achieve amazing results.'
To celebrate its birthbday the charity commissioned a film to share its achievements with other communities, which was premiered at Aylsham Town Hall on Thursday, April 20.
See more on the anniversary celebrations in Monday's EDP and at www.edp24.co.uk and www.northnorfolknews.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night