Documentary maker seeks former owners of Raleigh cycles
- Credit: PA
Did you have a Raleigh bike? It might have been a Christmas present or birthday gift – and did you save up from your paper round to buy one of these iconic cycles, which include the famous Chopper?
Award-winning documentary company Testimony Films are making a new documentary for BBC4 celebrating the history of the Raleigh Bicycle Company and the bicycles that revolutionised cycling in Britain. And they are looking for interesting stories throughout the decades from Norfolk people who enjoyed Raleigh bicycles.
Emily Sivyer from Testimony Films said: 'We would love to hear from the oldest people in Britain who have had or still own a Raleigh bike.
'Were you born in the inter-war period and can talk about cycling in the 1920s and 1930s? Do you have fond memories of a Raleigh bike and the freedom it offered you or tales of adventures on two wheels? Or were you inspired by the sporting greats that rode Raleigh bikes?
'If cycling has had or still has an impact on your life or that of someone you know, we would love to talk to you about your story.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to share your memories with us, please get in touch with Emily Sivyer on 0117 925 8589, email email@example.com, or write to 12 Great George Street, Bristol, BS1 5RH.
You can also leave your memories in the comments under this report.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old