Do you remember when Status Quo performed at Carrow Road?
- Credit: Archant Library
It's been 20 years since Status Quo announced their Norwich gig at Carrow Road.
The rock legends performed an open air summer concert at the stadium on August, 2 1997 to 15,000 fans supported by bands such as Gidea Park and Shakin' Stevens.
This show was announced on April, 8 1997 with event organiser Barry Dye saying: 'It will be the biggest concert ever to be held in Norwich.
'It is a huge project and it will be amazing.'
Other big names to have graced the stage at the football ground since include Elton John, George Michael and Rod Stewart.
You may also want to watch:
Pop band Take That are set to bring their Wonderland tour to the iconic Norfolk venue this June for two days.
• Do you remember Status Quo's concert at Carrow Road? Share your memories of the event in the comments below or email email@example.com
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?