Do you recognise the Flower Pot Man of Norwich?
- Credit: Archant
With headgear reminiscent of Children's TV show Bill & Ben Flower Pot Men, one Norwich man has braved the streets of the city wearing nothing but a pair of pants and a sunflower pot on his head.
The mystery figure has been spotted running around the city between 5am and 7am, with recent sightings on Colman Road and Riverside Road.
Luke Hardingham tweeted: 'just got to site in Norwich and a geezer goes running past in little red shorts with a flower pot on his head? Too early bruv.'
Oli Ruddle tweeted: 'we saw the 'Flowerpot man' Friday morning. My mate and I have seen him on and off for years now on our way to work.'
He has been spotted running topless for a number of years, but the fancy dress is thought to be a new addition.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ruddle said: 'He's a serious runner, he pounds the pavements and he's not a young man, he's got to be well into his fifties.
'The fancy dress is a newer thing, but we've seen him with comedy glasses, and fake nose and glasses combos.'
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
In a number of sightings, the fearless Flower Pot Man was holding a Mr Whippy ice cream.
He was also seen on Christmas Eve wearing pants, trainers, and a Santa hat.
The comedy runner has also been seen sporting an Indian head dress and a toy tomahawk axe.
Lynne Short said: 'I have seen him running past Norwich City College at around 6.15am on several occasions on my way into work.
'I slow down and give him a wave - I've often wondered why he does it, but it certainly brightens the start to my working day.'
The possible identity of the man has been given as Leon Thorogate.
Do you recognise the Flower Pot Man of Norwich or have you spotted him around the city? Email Louisa.Baldwin@Archant.co.uk