Please help my beautiful Isobel to walk again
- Credit: Archant
A great dane who tore a muscle chasing a squirrel needs a £3,200 operation to help her walk again.
Isobel's owner Dizzy Johnson, from Swaffham, has launched a crowdfunding appeal to raise the money.
Her dog was insured but insurers are refusing to pay out for the surgery.
"This ligament is like the knee joint in a human and does much the same thing, it is a very painful thing when it is injured," said self-employed food worker Ms Johnson, 60.
"X-rays show she needs the injury repaired with metal plates to stabilise the knee joint and allow her to walk and stand.
You may also want to watch:
"Isobel needs the surgery asap to allow her to go through the 7/8 week recovery period and to get my girl up and walking again pain free. Currently she has difficulty standing or walking with out support from me, she is a big girl and weighs more than I do, so not an easy task." Ms Johnson has owned Isobel, who is five, since she was 10 weeks old. As a puppy, she ended up Battersea Dogs' Home until being rehomed by Ms Johnson.
Click here for her crowdfunding page.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters