Diversions and delays expected on A47 between Hockering and Easton for road surface repairs
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Motorists should expect delays on the A47 between Hockering and Easton from tonight (Wednesday, March 8) as roadworks start on repairing the road surface at various sections.
Highways England will start work at 8pm and it will be ongoing until Saturday, April 1, working 8pm to 6am on weeknights only.
There will be mixture of traffic lights and full road closures in place.
The A47 will be closed overnight between Monday, March 27 and Saturday, April 1, with a signed diversion route in place.
Eastbound will be diverted off the A47 at Swaffham and directed to take the A1065 to Fakenham, then the A148, the A1067 east to Norwich, the A140 Norwich Ring Road, the A1075 Dereham Road and rejoin the A47 at Longwater.
You may also want to watch:
Westbound traffic will directed to take the A11 from Thickthorn roundabout to Thetford, the A134 north to Mundford, and the A1065 north to Swaffham to re-join the A47.
Local traffic will be permitted along the A47 up until the point of the closure, and those needing access to properties through the closure will be able to approach the gateman to be escorted through.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
Highways England is also carrying out a programme of routine inspections of electrical and structural equipment across the region, which is planned for completion in Summer 2017.
In addition there is a programme of maintenance which includes bulk lamp changes. Work will include inspecting equipment on the A47 heading towards Norwich from Kings Lynn, with traffic management but no full closures.
Anyone with general enquiries can contact Highways England's customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.