Spring has sprung! Your photos of Diss as summer approaches
- Credit: Archant
We certainly can't think of a better place to be as summer approaches...
With its stunning Mere and beautiful park attracting colourful wildlife, the Norfolk town of Diss certainly looks picturesque even on the darkest of days.
And while not every day of spring so far has been blessed with the greatest of weather, these photographs show Diss looks splendid whatever the conditions - and even more so as the plants begin to flower and we get fully into spring.
Taken by followers of our Enjoy Diss More campaign on Facebook, many show the wonderful Mere sparkling in the sun and the ducks enjoying warmer temperatures.
The campaign is designed to show everything that is great about Diss - and these pictures show that you often don't have to look to far for a reason to want to visit.
Few towns have the benefit of such a wonderful backdrop of a stunning Mere, but with its old quaint streets and country lanes there is so much more to see as well.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days