Diss road remains closed after straw stack blaze
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are still dealing with the aftermath of a straw stack fire in Diss.
Crews from Diss and Harleston were called to the fire on Shelfanger Road at around 2am this morning.
Fire fighters from East Harling stayed to ensure that the fire did not spread to a nearby gas line.
The fire is now out, but the B1077 remains closed in both ways between the Louie's Lane junction and the Lodge Lane junction while smoke clears.
Drivers also faced delays on the B1077 this morning at Attleborough after a crash between a lorry and a car. The road was shut for three hours, but the road has since been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 9 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case