Major cycling event through beautiful Norfolk countryside backed by leading firm
- Credit: Archant
A major summer cycling event through the picturesque Norfolk countryside, which is designed to help get more people using bikes for travel instead of cars, has secured the backing of a leading regional business.
Diss will once again turn in to the cycling centre of the region, as riders of all ages and abilities will be encouraged to take part in the the town's Cyclathon on Sunday, June 24.
The event gives cyclists the opportunity to embark on family rides of five, 10 or 15 miles - or take part the more challenging Nine Town Sportive.
That involves a choice of three routes of 25, 50 or 100-miles, which takes cyclists through nine of Norfolk and Suffolk's most picturesque market towns including Beccles, Wymondham and Thetford.
Diss Cyclathon is a not-for-profit event and money raised goes to supporting charities including the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Now technology company Midwich, which is Diss' largest employer and is based in Vinces Road, has agreed to be the sponsor of the event for the second year in a row.
Carla Shipp, group head of human resources at Midwich, said: 'We employ over 250 people at our head offices in Diss and love to support local events like Diss Cyclathon and really hope it gets everyone out on their bikes this June.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
'The Nine Town Sportive has become one of the must ride sportive events in the area and we'll be entering a Midwich team again this year to not only enjoy a lovely ride but to also raise money for our selected charity Nelson's Journey.'
Diss Cyclathon organiser Alan Franks said: 'This is the second year we've teamed up with Midwich as part of Diss Cyclathon and their support is invaluable in helping us make it even bigger and better than last year.
'We really hope as many people as possible will sign up via our website for one of the rides and come along to the park in Diss on the day to enjoy the food, music and entertainment for everyone.
'Every rider who completes their chosen course will get a medal courtesy of Madgett Cycles.'
Are you organising a charity event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and don't forget to include your full contact details.