Diss air cadets win regional band comp
Air cadets from Diss hit a winning tune after scooping first prize in a regional band competition.
Members of 1070 (Diss) Squadron had a weekend to remember when they won the central and eastern region band ensemble competition for the second year in a row.
The group also came first in the junior and senior aircraft recognition competition.
Despite heavy showers and over cast skies, the 11 Diss cadets helped the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing shine at the competition at RAF Wittering near Peterborough.
Maestro of the 1070 Band Ensemble Cpl Harley Crisp, 16, said: 'To win two years in a row is amazing and we will now be going on to represent the region in the National Band Championships. We had two more band members this year and decided to electrify things up more, which obviously went down well.'
You may also want to watch:
The band ensemble consisted of Cpl Harley Crisp on electric violin, Cpl Mason Crisp on bass, Cpl Greg Fisher on cornet, Cadet James Gaffney on guitar, Cadet Patrick McNicol on drums and Cadet Matthew Yellop on keyboard.
The aircraft recognition team was seniors Flt Sgt Ben Kerry, Sgt Jack Keeling and Cpl Mason Crisp. Juniors were Cpl Cerys Dixon, Cadet Matt Loudwell and Cadet Sam Pearson.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Diss Air Cadets parade every Tuesday and Thursday, at the Drill Hall in Sunnyside, Diss, from 7pm till 9.30pm and welcomes all young people aged between 13 and 18 years. The next recruit intake will be on Thursday, September 15. For more information, visit firstname.lastname@example.org