Train lines blocked between Norwich and Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers travelling between Norwich and Thetford faced delays after a signalling fault caused lines to become blocked.
A fault with the system between Thetford and Wymondham caused headaches for passengers during rush hour.
The fault is believed to have been caused by an external electrical supply problem.
Network Rail engineers installed a generator to restore the signalling.
The issue began around 3pm and Greater Anglia reported that services resumed just after 6pm.
However, disruption on the Norwich to Cambridge line continued until after 7pm.
A limited rail replacement bus service was put on between Ely/Thetford and Norwich to transport affected passengers.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 4 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 5 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 6 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 9 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
A spokesman for Greater Anglia apologised for disruption to passengers' travel plans.