Train lines blocked between Norwich and Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers travelling between Norwich and Thetford faced delays after a signalling fault caused lines to become blocked.
A fault with the system between Thetford and Wymondham caused headaches for passengers during rush hour.
The fault is believed to have been caused by an external electrical supply problem.
Network Rail engineers installed a generator to restore the signalling.
The issue began around 3pm and Greater Anglia reported that services resumed just after 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
However, disruption on the Norwich to Cambridge line continued until after 7pm.
A limited rail replacement bus service was put on between Ely/Thetford and Norwich to transport affected passengers.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
A spokesman for Greater Anglia apologised for disruption to passengers' travel plans.