Disruption to trains after points failure and faults
- Credit: Archant
Train passengers have been facing disruption due to a points failure which blocked the line between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
Greater Anglia said the points failure at Acle had blocked the line towards Norwich on Wednesday (November 6) morning.
The 6.52am from Norwich to Yarmouth and the 6.58am and 7.30am trains from Yarmouth to Nrowich were cancelled.
While Network Rail engineers have fixed the fault, train bosses said services would be delayed by up to 30 minutes, with disruption likely to continue until 10am.
There were also other, unconnected cancellations due to train faults.
You may also want to watch:
Faults caused the cancellation of the 6.14am service from Lowestoft to Ipswich, the 7.16am from Sheringham to Norwich, the 7.40am from Norwich to London Liverpool Street and the 10am train from Liverpool Street to Norwich.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft