Discount scheme aiming to boost trade in Diss, Wymondham, Loddon and Harleston
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in Diss, Wymondham. Loddon and Harleston can save themselves some money over the festive period thanks to an innovative voucher scheme launched by South Norfolk Council.
The council has teamed up with nearly 100 shops in the four market towns to set up the Star Saving Vouchers scheme, with participants offering different enticing discounts.
Residents and visitors can go to the council's website and download Star Saving Vouchers that can be redeemed in participating shops and businesses.
As an added incentive to get people to take part, there is also an accumulator card that can either be downloaded from the council website or collected from one of the participating businesses.
Anyone who uses the card and collects a stamp from any eight of the traders taking part will have a chance to win a night away for two at Barnham Broom in January, with dinner, bed and breakfast. The discount scheme comes as the council is offering free parking in Diss, Loddon and Wymondham at its car parks on the four Saturdays before Christmas to help drive up shopper numbers.
Martin Wilby, deputy leader of the council, said: 'This is an important time of year for our local businesses and it's vital that we work with them to do all we can to increase footfall into our market towns.
'Our Star Saving Vouchers offer some fantastic savings for shoppers and will be a great draw to get customers through the front doors of our local shops and businesses.
- 1 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 4 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 5 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 8 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 9 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 10 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
'We are helping our market towns pull in the shoppers and visitors over the festive season.
'That's why we have announced free parking in all of our car parks on four Saturdays and launched Star Savings, a great opportunity for all the family to save money while enjoying the diverse range of shops in our market towns.
'Families and visitors can now take advantage of the many wonderful things our market towns have to offer and help make Christmas a happy and prosperous one for our local traders.'
Are you involved with a scheme to boost any of the region's market towns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org