Dinner party appeal by East Anglian Air Ambulance
A charity is appealing for people in Norfolk and Suffolk to help them cook up some funds by holding a fundraising dinner party.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) is appealing for people to host their own Come EAAA-T With Me evening during National Air Ambulance Week.
From September 24 to 30, the week of action brings together members of the Association of Air Ambulances (AAA), the organisation which unites not only air ambulance charities from across the country, but also aircraft operators and ambulance services.
Tim Page, chief executive of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, said: 'We're joining together with other local air ambulances across the country, to ask everyone to get involved during National Air Ambulance Week and help raise money for their local service.
'The East Anglian Air Ambulance is looking for supporters to host their own Come EAAA-T With Me evening.
'The idea is simple. We'd love people to say they'll hold a dinner party for us and then ask their friends to donate the amount they would have paid for that meal if they'd have gone out to eat in a restaurant.
'We believe fundraising should be fun and an event like this is easy to organise and takes very little pre-planning, unless of course you want to.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash
'We can also help with ideas for themes, menu options and invitations for the evening.
'However you decide to host your evening, rest assured that all monies raised will stay in the local area, helping to keep your local air ambulance flying.'
The Eastern Daily Press launched a fundraising appeal to help the EAAA raise �50,000 for new equipment, including a �20,000 ventilator, two �5,000 blood analysers and a �20,000 ultrasound machine.
Cheques for the appeal, made payable to the 'East Anglian Air Ambulance' can be sent to Eastern Daily Press Appeal, East Anglian Air Ambulance, Hangar E, Gambling Close, Norwich Airport, Norwich NR6 6EG.
To request a Come EAAA-T With Me fundraising pack, contact Helen Dodman on 01473 745007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on the work of the East Anglian Air Ambulance visit www.eaaa.org.uk